Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sex Pistols - Screen on the Green Cinema, Islington, 1976 EP



Label: Unknown; Year: 2007; Format: Vinyl 7"

An interesting little platter here from the good ole' Sex Pistols. When I put it on for the first time I was dreading that the sound quality would be so bad as with many Pistols bootlegs, but to my surprise I discovered that the three songs on this EP are actually of decent sound quality, and are taken from a gig in 1976 in north London. (Don't Give Me) No lip, an original by Dave Berry makes up for a great cover version and is one of the tracks found here, amongst 'Submission' and 'No fun'. I do believe that there is a second EP from the same gig floating around, but I am not a die-hard collector of the Pistols, and will leave that up to the Rotten Army. Not a bad boot at all if you can find it somewhere cheap.

No comments: