Thursday, July 6, 2023

Crow - Who Killed Dove? EP


Label: Prank Recors; Year: 2022; Format: 33 1/3 7" EP

Judging by some of my more recent entries one might conclude that I have lost the plot and gone Soft Rock. Ladies and gentlemen, wrong. I certainly couldn't listen to stuff like Crow on a daily basis, for that I just feel too old, but I sure as hell still feel the need to up the ante more often than not and blast a true '80s Japanese Hardcore Punk gem for instance. It's a good thing some of us stay interested in the past forever and when prompted just re-activate some old information stored away in the the most remote area of the brain, like in my case. Crow from Osaka are a band that have been on my radar for many years but with Japanese records having sky rocketed in value over the decades there is little to no hope of owning an original of many of those records I would love to hear and own. On top of that little did I know that Prank Records was actually still active hence a big cheers to Ken for putting this one out and making it available again for a few bucks in its original artwork. I wish I could tell you more about the band, but then again maybe I'd just waste your precious time so never mind. What matters most is that you get four raw, dark and crusty D-Beat smashers that were originally released in 1985 on the band's own Crow Records and that they certainly don't disappoint. Personally I prefer Side II with both, 'Last Chaos' and 'Who Killed Dove' being outstanding Discharge influenced rippers that will destroy your candle light dinner with your significant other in no time. The lyrics are simple, dark and considering they were written nearly forty years ago one could argue prophetic when it comes to the state of our planet and humanity. Grab yourself a copy and play loud!

No comments: