Saturday, August 23, 2014

V/A - Punk and Disorderly III - The Final Solution LP



Label: Anagram Records; Year: 1983; Format: Vinyl LP

Many years ago I used to drool over UK82 records and the bands associated with that particular sound and look. The older I got though, the more bored I became with the often monotonous and meaningless sounds from the countless bands that were around back then and held the flag high for the 3rd generation of punk rockers. Despite the fact that I have gotten rid off many of those records, I am glad I didn't flog them all. This particular compilation is the last of the Punk and Disorderly series and features stalwarts such as the Exploited, Abrasive Wheels, Chron Gen, and so on. In my honest opinion there is not one really bad song on this platter, hence I can recommend it highly if you are in the mood for some mohican-laden punk rock straight from the gutters of Britain in the early '80s. Even years after I have given this a spin the last time, the vast majority of these songs make you shout along and definitely bring back some forgotten memories.

No comments: