Tuesday, September 2, 2014

V/A - The Stars of Fame Records EP



Label: Kent Soul (Ace Records); Year: 2011; Format: Vinyl EP

This EP came out for RSD 2011 and contains four songs of fine Southern Soul from the mid- to late '60s. According to the liner notes none of these songs have been previously released, hence even more reason for you die-hard soul fans out there to own this limited piece of history. I am by no means an expert on soul, but I can guarantee you that I will be reviewing more records from that genre as I do like to listen to it a lot. All four songs on here are great, two of them more upbeat, whereas the other two are slow and beautiful. All of these crackers were recorded at the FAME Studios, home of the Muscle Shoals sound. I am sure someone more knowledgable could write quite a bit about this, whereas I just bought this one as I fancied it, and certainly haven't regretted my decision.

No comments: