Friday, September 12, 2014

V/A - Teenage Shutdown "She's A Pest" CD


Label: Teenage Shutdown!; Year: 2000; Format: CD

If you were like me a few years ago, and just started to really get into '60s garage punk, then the Teenage Shutdown series is definitely a good choice to start you off with, or at least one of the better ones. The songs on this particular installment are about girls, as the title "She's a pest" wisely suggests. Granted, the lyricists haven't had the best experiences with the fairer sex at that point, and I sure hope that in all those past decades since those songs were written things have drastically improved. The 18 songs are all revved-up garage punk hits, and there isn't a single song on here I don't like, but of course some tracks stand out, such as "Your Man is gonna leave you " by the Wind from California, or "I've gotta way with Girls" by the Lavender Hour, whom hailed from Texas. I promise you that I will review more Teenage Shutdown comps in the future, and even though I have this particular volume on CD, it is of course available on fine vinyl as well. All you need to do now is get a copy for yourself!

No comments: