Sunday, December 26, 2021

Big Wheelie and the Hubcaps - Christmas Grease LP


Label: Wheelie Records; Year: 198?; Format: Vinyl LP

A day too late I arrive with this post, but I am sure most of you are still in the holiday spirit and won't mind a Christmas record post. I bought this a year ago after having just moved to Buffalo and found this for next to nothing at my local record shop. I played it twice last year, and again this Christmas and always enjoy it. Big Wheelie and the Hubcaps were a local rock'n'roll revival band that started out in the early '70s and kept going for forty and some odd years. From what I heard singer Chuck "Big Wheelie" Vicario sadly died of Covid not all that long ago. Christmas Grease was according to an interview with Chuck recorded in Florida where he lived for some years during the '80s. Since there is no release year mentioned on this record and also since it was self-released on Wheelie Records it might actually be hard to track down a copy should you be a Big Wheelie Fan or a collector of rock'n'roll revival records. Big Wheelie have in the past performed with the likes of Little Richard or Chuck Berry and have to my knowledge been hugely popular in the Western New York area. And I can see why as this record is nothing short of good tunes putting you instantly in a good mood should you enjoy Christmas at least a little bit, which personally I do so call me a sucker. Eleven rockin' and rollin' tracks will have you dance and twistin' around your tree while singing along to cheesy Christmas songs. I for one know for sure that I will put this record on again next Christmas. 

No comments: