Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Poison Idea / Ray & Glover - Single At Christmas 


Label: Tim/Kerr Records; Year: 1993; Format: Picture Disc 7" Single

Last night I listened to an entertaining episode of the "Vinyl Guide" podcast with Jerry A of Poison Idea fame as a guest. The interview prompted me to go through one of my 7" boxes to see which Poison Idea EPs I have and at the very end of the box I stumbled across this nice Christmas split between Portland's finest and the Blues/Folk duo Ray & Glover. So tonight I sat down to not just listen to the two songs but to type up the last entry for this year as every blogger needs a break too, and I am certainly craving one from my job and from my hobby. Poison Idea crank out a great version of the classic "Santa Claus is back in town" while digging deep into the blues while on the other side Ray & Glover deliver a nice and slow bluesy number with "I'm mad at the fat man". 

A nice and fitting end to my blog entries for this year me thinks and with having said that I would like to extend my thanks to everybody that has read my blog these past few months since I have been active again, it is much appreciated. 2023 will bring you more of the same so be ready for a wild ride and until then enjoy the holiday festivities and a happy and healthy New Year to you all!

No comments: